GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner.
With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy. Follow us @GERenewablesLM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Company (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades and service to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
LM Wind Power is currently seeking a Production Engineer to be based out of the Little Rock, Arkansas manufacturing facility. The Production Engineer plans, coordinates, and directs the implementation of all blade models and process advancements to production. you will initiate root cause analysis, error-proofing and other process improvements to ensure quality and low cost production of product.
As the Production Engineer you will also implement revisions to specifications and work instructions along with communicating such changes to workforce as well as provide technical support to Production, Quality and Materials departments in the case of structurally-significant quality defects. Review and improve process / product control utilizing Lean Six Sigma techniques.As the Senior Production Engineer, you will:
• Develop and implement process control systems to secure capability and high performance of our processes
• Leverage your manufacturing experience and expertise to mentor production engineers and other associates in the factory on problem solving techniques
• Lead process continuous improvement activities securing alignment with the company strategies
• Provide direct problem solving support to production and quality functions
• Work with cross functional teams to develop and implement the next generation of operational processes
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum of 4 years of technical manufacturing experience with composite materials manufacturing
• Structured approach and have the ability to identify and analyze and find practical solutions to ongoing process issues
• Process oriented mindset and a broad knowledge of Continuous Improvement tools and methods
• Team player and result driven and able to complete tasks independently
• Good communication skills in written and spoken EnglishTo stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections