This brings to three the number of patents issued to Sauer Energy, with many more pending and in development. It highlights the unique nature of what the Company believes to be a next generation breakthrough in ‘small wind’ turbines technology.
This particular patent covers some of the Company’s most revolutionary wind turbines design aspects for the maximum capture of wind energy. The patent covers aerodynamic features including air strakes on the inside of the blades, which direct air through the air jets, directional flaps to capture maximum airflow and the air disruptors on the backside of the blade, that create less friction.
These features are designed to produce the ultimate dynamic in wind capture, along with the ease of an essentially plug & play and virtually no maintenance product — a winning combination.
Sauer Energy President and CEO Dieter Sauer stated, "We intend to be the leader in wind energy technology by focusing our research and development on proprietary innovative designs to capture wind energy more efficiently, and cost effectively, than has ever been
possible before. This patent award provides a formal preliminary recognition for our technological advancements.
"We believe our patented and patent pending wind turbine technology holds great value for the renewable energy industry, and will provide us with barriers to entry and strong competitive advantages in the market as we focus on commercializing our technology in 2011.
"Given the recent surge of oil prices worldwide, the demand and opportunity for commercially successful, wind energy is great," Mr. Sauer added. "Our primary goal is to empower individuals to be part of the global renewable energy solution."
Sauer Energy, Inc. Patent Portfolio Summary
1. U.S. 597028S — Design Patent issued: Blade Layout concave/convex, vertical axis.
2. U.S. 7798766 — Utility Patent issued: Functional and application to convert wind to energy.
3. Design Patent Granted, patent number will be issued separately: Features the air disruptors on the drag side of each blade, inclusive. The front-side inside of the blade air strakes, which channel to direct the wind flow into a ram jet and the leading edge blade is also included.
4. Patent Pending Utility filed: Aerodynamic effects for the conversion of wind into power.
5. Patent Pending Design Application: Blade structure.
6. Patent Pending Utility Application: Function and use.
7. Foreign Patents are pending.
Sauer Energy is commercializing what it believes to be revolutionary patented technology in its wind turbines that is designed to make them highly efficient and productive while being small and affordable. It targets the individual home and small to mid size enterprise in urban or rural areas. The patented design is a compact vertical-axis wind turbine (VAWT) that can be sited on location without being intrusive. It is designed to be integrated directly into existing building structures and may be roof mounted or stand alone.