Initial demonstration models of the vehicle — named the ZE Saab 9-3 (ZE for zero emissions) – are already receiving positive reviews. The group plans to build more than 100 additional electric cars in 2010.
Participating organizations are:
• Saab Automobile AB (automotive engineering and manufacturing)
• Boston-Power, Inc. (lithium-ion batteries)
• Electroengine in Sweden AB (electric power trains)
• Innovatum (project management)
• Power Circle (Sweden’s electric power industry trade organization)
The electrification of transportation represents one of the most significant shifts since the invention of the automobile. The collation brings together internationally recognized experts, products and technologies to foster this transition.