Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) uses lenses to concentrate large area of sunlight into a small area to produce steam and heat to generate electricity. Large CSP plants consist of heat storage systems to generate electricity at night or under a cloudy sky. The four major CSP technologies comprises of parabolic trough, linear fresnel reflector, power tower and solar dish. The CSP technology has an ability to store energy so as to provide electricity as and when required and thus helps reduce the development cost of new power plants. This can be beneficial to meet future demand for electricity. Despite this, the technology is not yet widely deployed leading to a global cumulative installation of only about 6 GW as recorded in 2018.
In addition, the supportive government policies and attractive incentives and tax exemptions are the prime factor propelling the demand of CSP globally. However, factors like high initial cost and increasing adoption of other renewable technologies such as wind energy, solar PV, etc. may hamper the growth of the CSP market. Spain accounts for the largest market share for the CSP market, accounting to the favourable geographic condition and growing demand of sustainable energy over fossil fuel.
Visiongain calculates that the concentrated solar power (CSP) market will reach $37.3bn in 2019. The parabolic trough segment dominates the concentrated solar power (CSP) market during the forecast period. The overall revenue of the CSP market will increase during the analysis period between 2019 and 2029. This latest in-depth report on the global CSP market describes trends in the market both quantitatively and qualitatively. In recent years, the global CSP market has recorded to have a growing market share owing to the supportive government policies and incentives to promote clean energy across the globe.
145 quantitative tables, charts, and graphs
Analysis of Key Players in Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market
• Abengoa Solar S.A.
• BrightSource Energy Inc
• eSolar Inc.
• Acciona S.A
• SolarReserve LLC
• SCHOTT Solar AG
• TSK Flagsol Engineering GmbH
• GDF SUEZ/Engie
• Nextera Energy, Inc.
• ACS GROUP
• FCC Recycling (UK) Ltd
• ACWA Power
Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market Outlook And Analysis From 2019-2029
Global Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market By Technology Projections Analysis And Potential From 2019-2029
• Parabolic Trough (PT) CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Linear Fresnel Reflector (FR) CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Power Tower (PWT) CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Solar Dish (SD) CSP Forecast 2019-2029
Regional Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Forecasts From 2019-2029
• US CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Spain CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• India CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• China CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• South Africa CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Morocco CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• UAE CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Algeria CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Egypt CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Australia CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Iran CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Oman CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Italy CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Israel CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Thailand CSP Forecast 2019-2029
• Rest of World CSP Forecast 2019-2029
The report Forecasts and Analyses the Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Market by Nation from 2018-2028
Key questions answered
• How is the Concentrated Solar Power market evolving?
• What is driving and restraining Concentrated Solar Power dynamics?
• How will each Concentrated Solar Power submarket segment grow over the forecast period and how much sales will these submarkets account for in 2029?
• How will market shares of each Concentrated Solar Power submarket develop from 2019-2029?
• Which individual technologies will prevail and how will these shifts be responded to?
• Which Concentrated Solar Power submarket will be the main driver of the overall market from 2019-2029?
• How will political and regulatory factors influence national Concentrated Solar Power markets and submarkets?
• How will market shares of the national markets change by 2029 and which nation will lead the market in 2029?
• Who are the leading players and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
• How will the sector evolve as alliances form during the period between 2019 and 2029?
Who should read this report?
• Solar power companies
• Utility companies
• Renewable companies
• Electronics companies
• Component suppliers
• Energy storage specialists
• R&D staff
• Market analysts
• Business development managers
• Industry associations
• Government departments