Suzlon unit REpower bags wind energy contract from European firm ABO Wind

Wind energy major Suzlon said its unit REpower Systems has signed contracts with ABO Wind for the supply of 13 wind turbines.

“The wind turbines will be installed for two wind farms in Burgundy. The wind farms will generate a total output of more than 26 megawatts (MW),” Suzlon said in a statement. Suzlon did not disclose the financial details of the contract.

“We are delighted ABO Wind is continuing mutual business. These wind farms strengthen our position in Burgundy region which is very dynamic in wind energy. Moreover, our large product range is perfectly adapted to different wind conditions over French territories,” Olivier Perot, REpower S.A.S. Managing Director said.

The wind turbines will be utilised for these two wind farms — Clamecy wind farm with six wind turbines and seven turbines for the wind farms of Mige and Escamps in France.

“They will generate a total output of more than 26 MW for Burgundy region. The first machines will be delivered by the end of this calender year. REpower will also provide the full maintenance of the wind farms for 15 years,” the statement added.

Two turbines of the project Mige-Escamps will be owned by ABO Invest.

ABO Wind holds 20 percent of its shares in ABO invest and the remaining 80 percent by more than 2,000 citizens.

ABO Invest already operates seven wind farms in France, Germany and Ireland.