Solar Energy International (SEI) has announced two PV351L: PV Systems – Tools and Techniques for Operation and Maintenance Lab Week (Grid-Direct) sessions this summer for solar professionals to take their solar pv training experience to the highest level available in the solar industry.
This intensive, advanced training is designed for solar professionals already working in the PV industry who want to take their skills to the next level and get their hands on some of the newest technology and tools for PV system diagnostics, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
In this lab class, students will learn the theory behind and gain hands-on experience with a wide range of state-of-the-art analytical tools. The class will focus on PV system commissioning, performance evaluation, operations and maintenance, and troubleshooting techniques using tools such as thermal cameras, IV curve tracers; multi-meters and insulation resistance testers.
* Define purpose and analyze results for various test tools used for commissioning, performance evaluation, and operations and maintenance procedures including troubleshooting.
* Demonstrate proper set-up and use of PV test tools including: Multi-meter, Clamp-on Meter, Insulation Tester/Megaohmmeter, I-V Curve Tracer, Thermal Camera
* Perform system acceptance test with complete field procedures including a system acceptance checklist
* Evaluate performance of operating systems
* Troubleshoot and locate common PV array and system faults using appropriate methodologies and testing tools
* Define methodology for insulation resistance testing per a given scenario
Check out these comments from past students:
“I have taken virtually all of the PV courses that SEI offers and every time I think there is nothing left to learn, they prove me wrong. They are the best of the best at what they do”.
“I see SEI as the leader in solar training and this course is one of the first of its kind”.
This training counts towards NABCEP CE requirements.
Prerequisites: Must have taken PV101, 202, and 201L or be actively working in the PV field. We will have a similar system as PV101 for opting in students who may not meet these prerequisites, please call for more details 970-963-8855.
Call: (970) 963-8855 for more information and registration
or visit us online: http://www.solarenergy.org/workshop-schedule