A growing number of people are investing in small electricity generating wind turbines for residential use, despite the bad economy, and backers of wind power say they expect advances in technology and manufacturing to make them even more popular. Nearly 10,000 units were sold nationally in 2009, the latest available data, according to the American Wind Energy Association. In 2001, only 2,100 units were sold.
Advocates of small wind turbines say they can be an important source of clean energy in windy parts of the country. Key hurdles to widespread use rest with local governments, their zoning ordinances and public acceptance.
Small Wind Market – Forms a Miniscule share of the Total Wind Power Market Pie
The small wind power’s share in the total global wind power in the year 2010 is around 0.14%. With the increasing government incentives in various countries and increasing end user awareness, the share of small wind power is expected to increase to 0.48% by the year 2020. There are significant developments in small wind turbine market in developed and developing countries. The UK has witnessed a Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of over 65.3% during the period 2006-2010 and China has witnessed a CAGR of 29.8% during the period 2006-2010. ‘Small Wind Turbines (less than 100kW) – Global Market Size, Analysis by Power Range, Regulations and Competitive Landscape to 2020’ is the latest report from GlobalData, the industry analysis specialists that offer comprehensive information and understanding of the Global Small Wind Turbine market.
The research provides an understanding of the technology, key drivers, restraints and market trends in the global small wind turbine market. It also provides historical and forecast data to 2020 for installed capacity and power generation. The report details the cost analysis and product information of major turbine manufacturers in the global small wind turbine market. The report analyses offshore wind initiatives with policy framework in major countries such as the US, Canada, the UK, Denmark, Germany, Spain, China and India.
The report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s Team of industry experts.
The report analyses market trends and opportunities in the global small wind turbine market. Its scope includes –
– Statistics for Installed Capacity, Power Generation of global small wind power from 2006 to 2010, forecast forward 10 years to 2020.
– Data on the Installed Capacity, Power Generation, Analysis by Power Range and Price analysis for small wind turbine market for major countries such as the US, Canada and the UK.
– Data on the Various Schemes and Concessions announced by different governments for the development of small wind turbine market.
– Policy, Regulatory Framework and Drivers governing the small wind power market for different countries.
– Market Share Analysis by various turbine manufacturers in major countries including the US, Canada and the UK.
– Data on the commonly used Small Wind Turbines manufactured by various turbine companies globally.
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision making capability in a more rapid and time sensitive manner. It will allow you to –
– Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data for small wind turbine market
– Develop strategies based on the latest regulatory events
– Position yourself to gain the maximum advantage of the small wind power industry’s growth potential
– Identify key partners and business development avenues
– Respond to your competitors’ business structure, strategy and prospects