In the AMI sector, Landis+Gyr lost market share of smart meters selected for deployment, having been surpassed by Sensus. The PECO and Sensus announcement represents Sensus’ first time leading the other smart meter vendors in market share. Landis+Gyr and Itron are now tied in the #2 market share player position. This is notable due to Landis+Gyr surpassing Itron in 4Q09. Also significant was Elster’s push to gain market share with EnergyAxis, collecting several smaller but notable announcements. In communications modules, Silver Spring Networks maintains its leading market share position in terms of utility vendor selections. IBM continues to lead the smart grid systems integrator market with 65% of utility endpoints.
This Pike Research tracker report, updated quarterly, provides detailed analysis of worldwide utility smart grid and smart meter programs including tracking of customer endpoints, metering vendors, communications vendors, and systems integrators. The tracker includes a tactical examination of technologies, deployment timeframes, and vendor selections for each utility deployment, along with vendor market share analysis.
Key questions addressed:
* Which utilities are actively engaged in smart grid and smart meter deployments on a worldwide basis and what are their intended volumes and timeframes?
* Which technologies have various utilities selected for their deployment projects?
* Which meter manufacturers, communications module vendors, and systems integrators are working with specific utilities?
* What are the market shares of these companies in terms of utility vendor selections in the United States?
* What and where are the active plug-in electric vehicle (PEV) and vehicle-to-grid (V2G) projects?
* What and where are the active demand response (DR) programs in the United States?