According to the Lucintel report, Benchmarking of Wind Power with Solar Energy: Cost, Profit and Opportunity Benchmarking, global wind turbines production capacity is expected to reach 486 GW, solar photovoltaic (PV) 179 GW and Concentrating Solar Power 22 GW by 2016 respectively. Despite the recent economic slowdown, energy demand is on the rise in Asian and other developing economies due to high industrial growth rate and greater usage of industrial goods in those regions. This report benchmarks wind energy with solar energy based on various parameters such as cost, profit, risk and opportunity.
Although, cost of generating electricity, easy availability of abundant raw materials and capacity factors have always encouraged the growth of conventional energy; environmental concerns, accelerating fuel prices and emission regulations such as the Kyoto protocol have accelerated the growth of renewable energy across the globe.
Operating costs for wind energy production is lower than comparable solar energy production costs, and hence: wind farms are more profitable than solar energy. Over the next 5 years, the wind power market is expected to reach $ 108 B, solar Photovoltaic $101 B and Concentrating Solar Power $17 B per annum.
This Lucintel report will provide the reader with valuable information, insights, growth forecasts and normalized cost of energy for these differing technologies. This report will save the reader hundreds of hours of research time and will be of significantly benefit in the support of business expansion. In todays stringent economy, you need every advantage that you can find.
To make business, investment, or strategic decisions, you need timely and adequate information. This market report fulfills this core need and is an indispensable reference guide for multi-national material suppliers, product manufacturers, investors, executives, distributors and many more, who are dealing with this market. Some of the features of this market report are:
* Trend and forecast of wind, solar PV, solar thermal in terms of capacity installed
* Market size of wind, solar PV and solar thermal by value
* Major growth drivers and challenges for each energy technology
* Trend and forecast of Levelized Cost of Energy (LCOE) for each of the energy sources in terms of $/MWh
* Cost drivers for each of the energy sources
* High level Cost breakdown for each of these energy sources
* Value chain analysis of wind, solar PV, solar thermal
* Regional breakdown of wind, solar PV, solar thermal
* Risk analysis of wind, solar PV and solar thermal
* Profit analysis of wind, solar PV and solar thermal
Benchmarking of Wind with Solar Energy: Wind Energy to Lead Renewable Energy Pack