In the same period, LGC’s customer base tripled to include nine major wind farm developers and operators.
LGC Skyrota’s ability to sustain long-term growth within the rapidly expanding European wind energy market is supported by the Company’s recently purchased 180,000 sq. ft. state-of-the-art facility in Limavady, Northern Ireland. The facility contains overhead cranes capable of lifting up to 32 tonnes, enabling the LGC division to service wind turbines up to 3MW in generating capacity. The Company plans to install cranes capable of lifting up to 50 tonnes, which will expand its operational capabilities to service the next generation of ultra-large offshore wind turbines.
"The LGC division is well prepared for continued growth as the wind energy sector expands," said Richard Hogg, Managing Director of LGC. "Our refurbishment services include in-house manufacturing capabilities that enable us to machine replacement gears, eliminating the need to outsource for this service and allowing LGC to serve its customers in a more efficient and cost-effective manner than its competitors."
LGC Skyrota’s existing maintenance customers include:
– Vestas Wind Systems, the largest wind turbine manufacturer in the world;
– Airtricity, a wind farm developer with 40 wind farms across Europe and North America;
– Viridian Group, the leading independent energy company in the all-Ireland market;
– Hibernian Wind Power, a Dublin-based company that develops, operates and maintains wind farms throughout Ireland; and
– Eco Wind Power, a Dublin-based wind farm operator that owns five operational wind farms and is in the process of developing further sites within the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
The Company also announced today the launch of its new investor website, www.lgcskyrota.com.
LGC Skyrota Wind Energy Corp. is a leader in the development and maintenance of wind energy producing wind turbines. With operations based in Northern Ireland and executive offices located in Vancouver, B.C., the Company is well-positioned to expand throughout Europe and enter the North American wind power market. The Company operates two business divisions: LGC, which rebuilds gearboxes for large wind turbines, and Skyrota, which manufactures a revolutionary 5kW small vertical-axis wind turbine. LGC Skyrota trades on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol LGS. For more information, please visit www.lgcskyrota.com.