This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in house analysis by Global Markets Direct’s team of industry experts.
Regulatory Push to Accelerate Uptake of Hybrid Electric Car
The global hybrid electric car market, driven by regulatory initiatives, is expected to witness a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 31.3% and reach $67.7 billion by 2015. Growth will be primarily driven by a range of government policies and initiatives in the form of purchase incentives, indirect benefits and mandated purchases. Broad taxation schemes which reduce automobile acquisition tax for fuel efficient car buyers encourage hybrid and electric car ownership. Other purchase benefits such as reduced parking fees, registration and/or toll fees for hybrids prove to be consumer’s surplus. The massive regulatory push will accelerate mass adoption of hybrid electric cars that would otherwise occur gradually.
Volatile Oil Prices and High Dependence on Foreign Oil will Drive the Hybrid Electric Market
Hybrid cars can deliver fuel economy improvements over conventional cars and thus, government policy, with respect to hybrid vehicles, has been to accelerate mass adoption that would otherwise occur more gradually through economies of scale.
Key economies in the world are highly dependent on foreign oil e.g. Japan imports 94% of its oil for domestic consumption, Germany imports 94% whereas US imports 59% of its domestic consumption. Transportation accounts for almost half of the world’s oil consumption and the percentage is even more in countries such as the US where the consumption is 66%. Within the transportation sector, the fastest growing category has been road transport. Relying on foreign oil could have serious implications for the security and economic growth of a country. Therefore, governments have adopted a wide range of policies to reduce oil dependency and attain energy security.
* The report analyses market opportunities and challenges for the electric car manufacturers in the global arena. Its scope includes:
* Key geographies for Electric Car markets including Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, all of the Latin American Countries (including Mexico), African Countries and countries from the Middle East are covered under Rest of the world.
* Market size data for key markets — US, Japan and Europe.
* Annualized market revenues data of global hybrid electric car industry from 2000 to 2008, forecast forward for 7 years to 2015.
* Qualitative analysis of market drivers, restraints, future outlook and challenges for the global hybrid car market.
* Competitive landscape and the leading hybrid technologies. Key players covered include Toyota Motor Corporation, Honda Motor Co. Ltd, Ford Motor Company, General Motor Corporation and Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. etc.
* Key topics covered include fuel saving potential, key trends, regulatory framework including the standards etc.
Reasons to buy
* Gain most up to date information and analysis on the potential opportunities and challenges in the Global Electric Cars industry
* Drive business decisions based on the analysis of key players and their market share
* Understand the emerging opportunities in energy storage technologies and rapidly help to expand your business in the related application
* Develop strategies based on the latest operational and regulatory events in the world
* Facilitate decision-making based on strong historic and forecast data, deal analysis and recent developments
* Understand potential market opportunities in various geographies and fine tune your business strategy in target locations
Key Topics Covered:
* Global Hybrid Electric Car Market Dynamics
* Global Hybrid Electric Car Market Analysis
* Global Hybrid Electric Car, Oil Savings Potential
* Global Hybrid Electric Car Market, Technology Analysis
* Global Hybrid Electric Car Market, Regulatory Framework
* Key Players in Hybrid Electric Car Market