WWEC2012 will be accompanied by the WWEC2012 Trade Fair where renewable energy companies will present their products and services. Delegates will also be able to participate in several excursions to renewable energy projects in Germany.
Stefan Gsänger, WWEA Secretary General: "We are overwhelmed by the huge interest in the WWEC2012. This shows us that the energy transformation towards renewable energy has already started in many parts of the world. Communities are key actors in this, not only to increase social acceptance, but also to create real economic benefits. WWEC2012 is a unique meeting point for all those involved in wind power and in renewable energy in general. We are proud that already today, three months before the event, we can announce an impressive list of high-calibre speakers."
Sylvia Pilarsky-Grosch, BWE Vice President: "We are very pleased that we can host the world of wind energy in Germany during the WWEC2012 in July. Community Power is a mainstream business model in Germany and local communities are the drivers of the energy revolution that is currently taking place in our country. However, even in Germany such approaches require more political and public attention. We look forward to discussing with our friends and colleagues from all over the world how we can accelerate the energy revolution by strengthening its key actors, the local communities."
The following high-level keynote speakers have already confirmed their participation:
• Hermann Albers, President, German Wind Energy Association BWE
• Dr. Franz Alt, Journalist
• Peter Becker, Secretary of State, German Federal Ministry of the Environment
• Michael Brune, Executive Director, Sierra Club
• Dr. Richard, Cowell, Researcher, Cardiff University
• Lisa Daniels, Executive Director, Windustry
• Prof. Dr. Peter Droege, General Chairman, WCRE
• Hans-Josef Fell, Member of the German Parliament
• Paul Gipe, Author, USA
• Dr. Dolf, Gielen, Director, IRENA IITC
• Prof. Dexin He, President, WWEA
• Rainer Hinrichs-Rahlwes, President, European Renewable Energies Federation EREF
• Prof. Dr. Dieter Holm, Pretoria University, South Africa
• Dr. Anil Kane, President, Indian Wind Energy Association
• Manuela Kasper-Claridge, Head of Business and Science Department, Deutsche Welle TV
• Ulrich Kelber, Member of the German Parliament
• Eveline Lemke, Minister of Economics, Government of Rheinland-Pfalz
• Christine Lins, Executive Secretary, REN21
• Matthias Machnig, Minister for Economy, Labour and Technology, Government of Thüringen
• Dr. Preben Maegaard, President Emeritus, World Wind Energy Association
• Jürgen Nimptsch, Mayor, City of Bonn
• Prof. Dr. Choong-Yul Son, Offshore Wind Energy Center, Mokpo University, South Korea
• Kristopher Stevens, Executive Director, Ontario Sustainable Energy Association
• Jakob von Uexküll, Founder, World Future Council
More speakers and the full conference programme will be announced in the near future.