Brand new research on battery & battery material suppliers
This report highlights the findings of research conducted throughout 2011 by ABOUT Automotive. Extensive primary research was undertaken for this report, including many senior-level interviews at the major companies involved in the sector. A significant part of the research was conducted on the ground in Japan, where the Japanese battery and battery material manufacturers have held a more than 90% supply share since the Prius and Insight launches in the late 1990s.
This first edition study provides fresh, unbiased insight in a number of areas, including:
– The market for EV/hybrid batteries and battery material suppliers, determining the trends and topical issues, as well as providing valuable market sector data;
– The main manufacturers in both the battery and battery material supplier sectors;
– Vehicle manufacturer strategy analysis of the major players involved with EV/hybrid batteries; and
– Statistical appendix including model-level sales data for EV/hybrid vehicles.
– Asahi Kasei
– BYD Battery Co.
– Carlos Ghosn
– GS Yusa Corp. (Lithium Energy Japan)
– Hitachi Chemical
– Johnson Controls Inc.
– JSR Corp.
– Kanto Denka Kogyo Co.
– LG Chem Ltd.
– Mitsubishi Chemical
– Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
– Mitsui Chemicals
– NEC Corp. (Automotive Energy Supply Corp.)
– Nippon Power Graphite Co. Ltd.
– Panasonic Corp.
– Primearth EV Energy Co.
– Saft Groupe SA
– Sanyo Electric Co.
– Toshiba Corp.
– UBE Industries