Up to now, the lithium ion battery market has been predominantly consumer (90% as of today) but new, diversified applications including xEV (Electric Vehicles/Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Hybrid Electric Vehicles) and ESS (Electrical Storage Systems) are expected to provide the new growth engines.
As a result, the lithium ion market landscape will undergo a profound change, bringing huge increases in demand, profits in the billions of US dollars and competitive upheaval.
This report provides a detailed look at the global lithium ion battery market in all its aspects, including:
* The total addressable market and growth rates for consumer, xEV and ESS applications between 2010 and 2020.
* Electric Vehicles/Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicles/Hybrid Electric Vehicles demand trends.
* Major opportunities.
* Battery technology trends.
* Battery materials technology trends.
* Battery technology, political and standards risks.
* Challenges ahead.
* Price trends.
* Cost trends.
* The competitive landscape.
* Japanese, Korean and Chinese rivalry.
* Producer market shares.
* Partnerships and joint ventures.