Due to this unfortunate situation, which is out of our control and unpredictable, there may be reduced activities/participation on site.
Organised by the European Wind Energy Association (EWEA), EWEC 2010 – Europe’s largest combined wind energy conference and exhibition – brings together business leaders, policy makers and stakeholders from all over Europe to debate key developments in the wind industry.
Among the highlights of the opening day are: the contribution of wind energy to a 100% renewable energy fuelled economy in 2050, and the launch of the new EWEA campaign: “Give Europe a breath of fresh air.”
The main press conference will take place on Tuesday 20 April, at 12:00, immediately after the opening session, in the press conference room. The press conference will be streamed live on the EWEC 2010 website.
* Poul Nyrup Rasmussen, Former Prime Minister of Denmark and Chairman, Lindoe Offshore Renewables Centre (LORC), Denmark
* Stanis³aw Gaw³owski, Secretary of State, Ministry of the Environment, Poland (TBC)
* Joanna Strzelec-£obodziñska, Under-secretary of State, Ministry of Economy, Poland (TBC)
* Arthouros Zervos, President, European Wind Energy Association (EWEA)
* Xabier Viteri, CEO, Iberdrola Renewables and EWEC 2010 Conference chair
A press briefing will take place on Thursday 22 April, at 11:00, in the press room, for the launch of the Wind Barriers report – an EU funded project researching the administrative barriers to wind energy in the EU, including a lead table showing consent times in all EU-27 Member States.
* Christian Kjaer, CEO, European Wind Energy Association (EWEA)
* Sune Strøm, Chief Economist, Danish Wind Industry Association (DWIA)
The European Renewable Energy Council (EREC) is organising a wind industry VIP photo call in support for 100% renewables by 2050, on Wednesday 21 April, at 15:30, at the EREC stand (contact person for this event: Douglas Padreca-Ceratti email@example.com).
Furthermore, other press briefings are being organised by several EWEA member companies. A full calendar will be provided in the press room.
All journalists will have free access to EWEC 2010. A fully equipped press room will be available.
Broadcast-standard videos highlighting the main activities at EWEC will be made available on request.
For those who have not pre-registered, please write to Paolo Berrino, EWEA’s Press Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: +32 2 400 1079