This research analyzes the market scenarios for this technology and regulatory policies that govern them. Detailed information on key current and upcoming solar parks gives a roadmap to this markets development. This coupled with elaborate company profiles give comprehensive understanding of the market scenario.
Global Solar PV market is growing rapidly
The global solar PV market witnessed tremendous growth in 2008 and 2009 with 11,908 MW (megawatts) of installed capacity coming online in these two years as compared to only 2,392 MW installed in 2007. The cumulative installed solar PV capacity has more than doubled since 2007.
Installed capacity increased from 9,162 MW in 2007 to 21,070 MW in 2009. Europe is the leading solar PV market with a share of 66% followed by the Asia-Pacific with the share of 17% in 2009.
The market is driven by supportive mechanisms offered by governments across the world. The market stimulation packages being offered by several governments are expected to drive the growth of this industry in the coming decade.
The US solar PV market is driven my government support policies
The growth momentum of the US solar PV market has been largely facilitated by the support mechanisms provided by the federal and state governments. The US federal government has provided funding of $3.1 billion to the states, as part of its economic stimulus package, to encourage PV installations and expand solar PV support programs. This is part of the country’s plan to encourage the growth of renewables in the energy portfolio.
The US government has extended the production tax credit (PTC) and investment tax credit (ITC) parts of the stimulus plan for PV development. The government has also extended federal tax credits for solar PV. California, the leading solar PV market in the US, was the first to initiate the feed-in tariff (FIT) system in the country. These support mechanisms combined with other policies and incentives are expected to open up high-growth markets for PV. In this backdrop the US market for solar PV is expected to rise to 10,885 MW by 2015 at a CAGR of 39% during 2009-2015.
Share of on-grid installed capacity increased
Ongrid power accounted for a share of 31% in cumulative solar PV installations in the US in 2001. This share increased to 75.5% by the year 2009. The key to the increase in the share of on-grid capacity is mainly due to the financial incentives provided by federal and state governments in supporting grid-tied systems.
"The US Solar PV Market Analysis:Policies and Incentives, Industry Trends and Forecasts to 2015" gives an in-depth analysis of the US solar Photovoltaic (PV) market and provides forecasts up to 2015. The research analyzes the key trends, major issues and growth opportunities in the US solar PV market. Market share by installed capacity, elaborate profiling of major market participants, information on major solar PV parks and analysis of important news and deals provide insight into the competitive scenario in the US solar PV market. This coupled with detailed information on the regulatory framework and key policies governing the market provide a comprehensive understanding of the market for solar PV in the US.
* The report provides detailed market opportunities and challenges for present and potential the US solar PV market players in the world
* The report covers detailed qualitative analysis of the market scenario and analysis of the US Solar PV market
* The report covers detail analysis of technology, market forces, market trends, market shares, systems market, PV cell market, and Financing trends
* The report details historical and forecast statistics along with growth estimates for power installed capacity and generation from solar PV from 2001 to 2015 in the US (United States)
* The report covers information on key current and upcoming solar parks in the US
* The report includes elaborate profiles of key market participants and policy and regulatory framework governing the market. Key companies covered include GE Energy, NextEra Energy Resources, United Solar Ovonic, SunPower Corporation, First Solar, Inc, Evergreen Solar, Inc. GT Solar International, Inc., Global Solar Energy, Inc., etc
* The report also provides updated news and deals pertaining to the market.
Key Topics Covered:
* Executive Summary
* Global Solar Photovoltaic Power Market, 2001-2015
* The US Solar Photovoltaic Market, 2001-2015
* The US Solar PV Power Market
* The US Solar PV Systems Market Revenues
* The US Solar PV Cell Market, 2001-2009
* The US Solar PV Power Market, Technology Trends
* The US Solar PV Parks
* Financing Trends in Solar PV
* The US Solar PV Power Regulatory Framework
* GE Energy, Company Snapshot
* NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, Company Snapshot
* United Solar Ovonic, LLC, Company Overview
* SunPower Corporation, Company Snapshot
* First Solar, Inc., Company Snapshot
* Evergreen Solar, Inc., Company Snapshot
* GT Solar International, Inc.,Company Snapshot
* Global Solar Energy, Inc., Company Overview
* Advent Solar, Inc., Company Overview
* EMCORE Corporation, Company Snapshot
* Envision Solar, Company Overview
* Financial Deals Landscape
* The US Solar PV, Recent Developments
* GE Energy
* NextEra Energy Resources, LLC
* United Solar Ovonic, LLC
* SunPower Corporation
* First Solar, Inc.
* Evergreen Solar, Inc.
* GT Solar International, Inc.
* Global Solar Energy, Inc.
* Advent Solar, Inc.
* EMCORE Corporation
* Envision Solar