“The electric vehicle market is full of myths and misinformation,” says senior analyst John Gartner. “Our analysis shines a bright light on key business and technology issues in the EV industry and reveals important truths about how the market will evolve in 2010 and beyond.”
A few of Pike Research’s industry predictions include the following:
* The cost of owning and driving an electric vehicle is not likely to be cheaper than using gasoline.
* The plug-in hybrids of 2020 may not resemble the plug-ins of 2010.
* Lithium Ion batteries sold with the first EVs may have little to no resale value.
* Asia will be the dominant supplier and consumer of electric vehicles and batteries.
* The grid as a whole will accommodate and even benefit from EV charging, but some neighborhoods with multiple EVs could overwhelm utility equipment.
Pike Research’s paper, “Electric Vehicles: 10 Predictions for 2010”, explores hot topics in the EV world and assesses their impacts on key industry players. Conclusions and predictions in the paper are drawn from the firm’s in-depth coverage of the Clean Transportation industry, and market forecasts are included for key sectors. A full copy of the white paper is available for free download on the firm’s website.
Pike Research is a market research and consulting firm that provides in-depth analysis of global clean technology markets. The company’s research methodology combines supply-side industry analysis, end-user primary research and demand assessment, and deep examination of technology trends to provide a comprehensive view of the Smart Energy, Clean Transportation, Clean Industry, Corporate Sustainability, and Building Efficiency sectors.