The introduction focuses on the commercial market, mainly inner-city distribution. An average distribution van for inner-city traffic has a daily coverage of 50 to 70 Km in an environment with the highest percentage of air quality problems. The QUICC! DiVa will be able to play an important part in the solution of mobility issues in this market.
DuraCar is an innovative enterprise, focusing on the development and production of sustainable transportation solutions for city and intra-city traffic. Our core activity is the design and building of the first electrically powered lightweight plastic cars under brand name QUICC!
The first type built by DuraCar is a specially designed city distribution van: the QUICC! DiVa (DistributionVan). The QUICC! DiVa is our solution for authorities and fleet managers to tackle current mobility problems. At the beginning of the 21st century we are facing huge problems because of:
1. increasing pressure on the environment by the emission of damaging exhaust gasses (PM10s, nitrogen and CO2)
2. rising costs of energy, resulting in an increase in the variable costs per kilometre
3. reduced accessibility of inner cities, due to increasing pressure and increasing political steps to reduce urban accessibility for cars.
It is not surprising that the demand for sustainable transportation solutions has increased over the past few years. At the same time, technology and especially battery technology has improved importantly. Those are important pre-conditions for the successful commercial proto that DuraCar is building right now. We are aiming at a fast implementation of new technology within a flexible production environment and a sophisticated network of partners.
Our first is the QUICC! DiVa: the first affordable, electrically powered distribution van with zero emissions, negligible cost of fuel and properties that will make driving, especially in city traffic, a pleasure.
The QUICC! DiVa will be available for operational lease through selected distributors equipped for service and maintenance as well. DuraCar is looking for parties of good reputation in this market, who are able to offer their services in conformity with commercial market expectations, at attractive rates and under full warranty.
In the Netherlands the QUICC! lease programme will be available from early 2009 through DuraCar’s partner Transport Techniek Delft (TTd). TTd is a professional distributor and producer of special vehicles in the commercial market. For detailed information see: www.ttd.nl
All cars produced prior to the beginning of 2009 have been sold to various parties in the Netherlands. In due time more information on this will be published under the button ‘References’. Mass production will start in the middle of 2010.
The option of operational lease will keep the cost of electric driving predictable and clear. For you as a client we will break down the barriers to switch to electric driving.
Service, maintenance and mobility warranty are all included in the operational lease programme. The recharging of the batteries (power consumption) is not included in the lease programme.
Choose QUICC! , choose a better environment. When it comes to distribution QUICC! quality gives you an edge. And it does matter! Higher sustainability demands are made in an increasing number of market segments when new contracts are concluded.
Drive QUICC! :
* zero CO2 emission (see under heading ‘reasons EV – environment’ for explanation)
* zero PM10s emission
* zero nitrogen emission
* highly efficient in energy consumption: > 85 % of the energy resources are in fact used for the turning of the wheels, whereas petrol and diesel engines use 20 %.
* zero noise pollution / noise
* according to plan body and chassis made of fully renewable composite polymer fibre within 2 years. At this moment DuraCar preferred a proven technology that is not yet fully renewable. DuraCar and partners are working hard on the development of new materials.
Compared with the equivalent conventional petrol and diesel engines, QUICC! technology performs extremely well providing significant whole-life operating cost savings.
* pay only 1 to 2 Euros per 100 km on electric energy cost (or fuel cost in this case)
* QUICC! uses 1 kWh per 7 km
* save maintenance cost of an expected 80 % of the conventional car maintenance cost
* have lease rates in conformity with market rates through selected partners
* exemption from road tax
* exemption form congestion charges in cities
* exemption from BPM (tax on passenger cars and motorised vehicles levied in the Netherlands)
The first of the QUICC! family, the QUICC! DiVa, has beendesigned for urban application and more specifically for urban distribution. Small, compact and manoeuvrable it is perfectly suited for urban transport.
* plug & drive, or simply plug into a power source overnight and drive in the morning
* loading capacity 600 k / 2.2 m3
* very small turning cycle (5.7 m)
* optimum road-holding ensured by optimum centre of gravity
* relaxing driving experience ensured by lack of engine noise
* automatic transmission; electric drive needs no clutching
* compact and manoeuvrable